Why am I so serious?
Because I believe in respect for others.
It really bothered me in high school when students would refer to teachers only by their last name. I was taught and still believe that I should address all my superiors and acquaintanced by their correct titles unless instructed otherwise. In cases where this kind of respect is not present, I have observed that there is a lack of structure and discipline and the opportunity to learn or gain something from this individual is compromised.
Because I trust people.
I believe that every person on Earth has a piece of God inside of them. People are born that way; they just left His presence. I find it extremely disappointing to hear of and see people using their agency given by Him to make poor decisions. For this reason, I use my agency to do my best to judge righteously and choose carefully those with whom I associate. Recently I have found that I need to be more cautious still. I don't lie and I want people to trust me, so I do what I can to extend the same courtesy.
Because I believe in people.
Again with number two: God is in everyone and everything. The potential of any given human being is truly unlimited, but restricted only by one's self. If one person takes a stand, there is almost a complete surety that someone else feels the same way. Often the only thing needed is courage. Fear not.
Because I love my family.
I have had no greater friends, no greater support system than my family. I could not trade any given moment good or bad that we have experienced together, because I know that it is those things that have made me the person that I am. Noted, I do wish many times that some lessons I could have learned differently, but I didn't, and those are often the most important lessons.
Because I love my Heavenly Father.
Simply put, He gives me everything. Not one thing done, not one smile smiled, not one tear shed, not one breathtaking moment felt is without Him. To hear those that defend Him be disrespected is to me, well.... beyond words of disgusting.
We are extremely blessed witht the ability to feel and have emotion. Not one person thinks the same way, not one person feels the same way even in exact same environmental conditions and replicated situations. Just because you feel that something is not important does not mean that it should be discarded. Nor must you hold yourself of higher dignity because you take something more serious than someone else. These are just pieces of me. Other pieces include the fact that I love spontanaety, I love to sing, to dance, to smile, and to simply enjoy another friend's company. I love to live and experience all that I can because my life here is but a small moment.
well said!
ReplyDeleteSweetheart, you are not an old prude. It is called "Integrity" which you have been blessed with and, unfortunately, many others have not felt the need to develop. I love you and are very proud of you and who you are. I am grateful you do not compromise what you believe.
ReplyDelete