I'd like to modify that a little. Everyone should have more love than they deserve. After all, isn't that what Christ taught? "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you..." John 13:34. Our goal is to become as He is. I want to love like He does.
God is Love. How much love have you had today? How much love have you shared today? How much of our Father in Heaven?
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30.
Always remember Him.
Thanks for posting this, Kim! I've been thinking about that love concept a lot the last few days. Jesus didn't say "be nice to other people", he said "love one another". The difference between the two is huge. A few weeks ago in relief society, the lesson was on teaching our children values. The teacher asked the class 'what are some of the values we teach our children that the world thinks of otherwise'? Of course, there were answers like teaching our children not to participate in teenage pregnancy, homosexuality, non-commitment to marriage, profanity, bullying, etc. But what I kept thinking was, 'don't we need to teach our children to LOVE everyone?'. To me, it felt like the group was segregating themselves and thinking that they're better than the rest of the world because perhaps they don't have problems with any of the above mentioned things. I know that Christ loves all of us, regardless of who we are. My goal is to teach my children to love and accept everyone, despite their faults or weaknesses or differences. Ultimately, we are ALL children of God, and He love every single one of us. Attaining Christ-like love for others is a wonderful attribute to strive for!
ReplyDelete