Being a college student and having all the time in the world to organize for yourself usually leads to a number of things, ie procrastination, watching all the TV you never got to as a child...,but along with this also comes ponderous and growing experiences. I've learned how to really cook to my own liking and preference and however much I may deny it I've also become more grateful to my parents and see that they knew a little bit-maybe alot- more that what I was giving them credit for. One thing though, that has particularly come to my mind in the past year is the definition of a place to call home. I'm not one to use webster or verbal types and definitions, but seriously, at this point in my life, I have referred to many places at home. Blackfoot, for one, is my personal address. This past summer, for two, in Vancouver has been my home. And then there is Utah, Provo specifically, where I have lived in 5 different apartments over the space of 12 months, and that doesn't include moving everything between the semesters back to Idaho.
Once more, this next Monday, I am moving from my current unoccupied apartment to the Italian Foreign Language Housing on campus at BYZoo. Move out and move in day are the same for both places which is really nice. And although I am afraid and quite intimidated when I think that I will not be living in an English speaking home, I am also looking forward to possibly learn something new about what home is, being around and involved in a different way of communication with the girls I will be living with. I don't think I'll speak much besides hello for the first couple of weeks. I suppose that I should just go for the cheesy way to describe home: where your heart is, where your friends are, where your family is, where the love is. Ha. Then I guess I have no solid, definite place I can call home. I find it everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment