Saturday, August 1, 2009

Story of my life.

So here's what I've been up to this summer:
Wake up around 7:30-8. There's no time to get ready or pretty because I start feeding and chasing kids from the time I step out of bed. Then cleaning and referreeing begins.
In the midst of cleaning and getting projects done, Trevor and Andrea ask if I can play with them outside, and usually not very nicely. Trevor especially can't take no for an answer and finds every and any living excuse to jump on, tackle, and or hit me. Sometimes I can go and play with them, but most of the time I have to get cleaning and laundry done. And Diane has me doing house projects, like painting, clearing out the garage, washing cabinets, etc.
Leah goes down for a couple naps during the day which is when I can get most of the work done. In between is lunch, usually sandwiches, and one of the multiple times a day I clean the kitchen and do the dishes.
Dinnertime rolls around and since Jared has diabetes we can't do quick pasta or high carb foods. Diane and I both have to get after Andrea and Trevor several times to set the table, the whole table. Then after dinner it's mass madness to keep the kids cleaning up after dinner, sweeping and clearing the table, etc. then we fight them to get to scriptures and prayers and bed around eight pm. After we send them upstairs, Jared and Diane yell up the stairs for them to get to sleep and quit playing. Then they each have to come downstairs twice because they're extremely dehydrated and need a drink despite a glass of water right before going upstairs and/or are starving in which case they may have a single piece of bread, no butter. And they still don't get to sleep most times until around ten. Then I crash downstairs and study my Italian and/or watch whatever Jared and Diane have on.
Singles FHE and activities have gone out the window. Friends are busy with school and summer stuff so I never hear from anyone unless I call. No money to go out, but no where to go if I do. Some summers, you just have to get through until the next point. According to Jared and Diane I've lived in a hole since I haven't seen much SNL or comedies. And they laugh at me. I guess it's not too bad. Certainly could be worse. So I'm grateful :)

1 comment:

  1. You will certainly be at an advantage when you get the chance to become a parent...I mean, I was 3 when my brother was born, and he's the last, so I don't remember anything of parenting babies, toddlers, preschoolers, etc. I don't remember being aware of much until my brother went to Kindergarten....anyhow, I do remember the summer after my sophomore year sounding a LOT like yours. I worked full time, and the only activity outside that was a summer institute class that my former stake president taught. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete