Thursday, February 17, 2011

In.Credible.

At approximately 12:45pm mountain daylight time, the phone rang. As a girl walks from the lobby into the kitchen area, she is informed that this particular phone call is for her. The receiver is in hand. Undecipherable screaming is coming from the other line, and is exchanged in the like manner, no translation needed. Tears stream. Breathing becomes difficult. Heart races. It finally came.
"Are you okay? You look like you just won the Miss America pageant!"
"I pretty much did," she said, "my mission call came!"

True story. And I would like to thank everyone. All the support, pep talks, patience, and great advice... it all is greatly appreciated. I opened my mission call at 4:00pm this afternoon with family gathered in the front room and other family on speaker phone. I will be reporting to the Tennessee Nashville Mission on May 25, 2011 to the Provo MTC.

FAQ:

So what did you think when you found out it was Nashville?
---Wow. NO ONE called that. Totally unexpected.

Do you like country music?
---Not really. I will listen to some, but it is not my first personal preference. At all.

What language?
---English speaking. Well, the call said English. However, I am told that southern is kind of foreign. K.C. says that all I need to know how to say is, "I tehll yeeeww whut!"

What are your thoughts and feelings?
---I think I'm experiencing a little bit of emotional overload. Suuuppppper happy, excited, anxious, excited, grateful, excited, humbled, excited, relieved, and excited!

What do your parents think?
--- I can't tell who is more excited: me or them. Pretty sure it's me though.

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." D&C 18:10

1 comment:

  1. Keep me posted on the farewell! You'll probably have a ton of family for the endowment, but if you want you can let me know about that too and as long as new baby can go for a few hours in between eating, I will be there in a heartbeat if you want me. Do you still have my cell #? If not message me on facebook or email me (classicalsweetie at gmail) and I'll send it your way.

    ReplyDelete